Monday, June 7, 2010

A year of blogging & spring in Austin

In all the craziness of the past few weeks, I totally forgot that my one year anniversary of blogging came and went on May 29th. What an action packed year the last one has been... from quitting our jobs, packing up and spending 8 days in the car driving through some of the most scenic parts of the United States between Seattle and Austin... to getting settled in here, making friends, and becoming part of the Longhorn tradition (I know I'm a real fan now because I'm already excited for football season to start.) From surviving J's gall bladder surgery and tough first semester of classes-- to trips home to visit family and friends, as well as trips to Boston and New York, and numerous visits here from some of the same family members and friends. And, now we're off on our biggest adventure of the year-- our trip to South Africa!


But, before we leave, I want to post some pictures from earlier this spring-- visits from my best college girlfriends, both sets of our parents, and the beauty of the Texas wildflowers in bloom. Enjoy!

One of my best college gal pals, Camille and sweet baby Elise.




Look at that cutie in the Texas blue bonnets!



With Anne (also a college bestie) at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.


Dinner al fresco with Anne and Diana at Botticelli's. I love all 3 of these girls (including Camille above) and seeing as we're scattered across the country, we don't get together near enough. I'm already looking forward to our next reunion in 2011!




Dinner with J's parents at our favorite guests-in-town grub fest, The Salt Lick.





More wildflowers...





Jason and I en route to the UT McCombs b-school "prom."
Mom and I sporting our boots!
And back at The Salt Lick with mom, dad, and J.

Mom and I in front of the Capitol on Mother's Day.

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderfully fantastic images i ever seen. Thank you so.. much for posting these really awesome. I simply love every single photo shot. Last two three images are truly fab.

    P & S Real Estate Attorneys

    ReplyDelete