Friday, September 21, 2012

Northwest Summer Vacation

Labor Day has come and gone, but I wanted to share a few pictures from our "summer vacation" to the Northwest back in July. We kicked off our week with wedding festivities in Seattle, including a harbor side rehearsal dinner on a gorgeous Seattle evening.


The next day, we enjoyed the beautiful wedding of Jason's best man, Kalani. Seattle pulled out all the stops weather-wise and the bride and groom's beach themed outdoor ceremony was perfect. (You'll notice my groom is the third groomsman to the right.)


Despite a late night out for the wedding, we rallied the next day to enjoy a wonderful reception hosted by my in-laws to introduce Nicholas to all of their Seattle friends. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos at the party, but we had a great time catching up with many family friends we hadn't seen since our wedding. The following day, Nicholas turned six months old, and we celebrated with a trip to the Woodland Park Zoo with Dzia Dzia and Grandmama. Nicholas loved the giraffes, monkeys, and elephants.




After squeezing in some visits with my Seattle girlfriends (hi Aja!) and Laura, Mike, and Diana, we headed south to Portland. My parents picked us up downtown, and we immediately hit the road to Cannon Beach. The weather was little overcast, but we enjoyed two relaxing nights at the beach with Gammy and Grandpa, eating fresh seafood and dipping our toes in the Pacific.




We returned to Portland for one final night, and my mom organized a family dinner with my siblings and their spouses, as well as my grandparents on my dad's side and my aunt and uncles on my mom's side.



It was whirlwind trip, and went entirely too fast! I could have spent another week in each city. But we had a great time catching up with family and friends, and enjoyed some gorgeous (cool by Texas standards) Northwest summer weather. We're already looking forward to next summer's visit.

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you! Come up soon, the boys need to see each other enough to remember each other ;)

    ReplyDelete