Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Baby #2: Weeks 24 - 26

24 weeks

Dates: March 18 - April 7, 2014

Highlights: It's been a low key, but productive few weeks for us. We officially moved Nicholas into his big boy room at the very end of March (which deserves its own post) and started working on baby girl's nursery-- more to come! We also finalized our name choice and started sharing it with a few family members and friends, although we won't go public with it until she makes her debut in July. We've also started to really focus on preparing Nicholas for baby girl's arrival, and I can tell it's starting to click for him (as much as it can for a two year old.) He refers to her by name and now calls his old bedroom her bedroom. He also likes to offer sips of water or milk from his sippy cup to my belly.

25 weeks

Symptoms: I feel like I've reached the uncomfortably large and pregnant stage, several weeks sooner than I did with Nicholas. My lower back and hips ache at the end of the day, and I am making good friends with our heating pad. I've also started getting leg cramps at night while I sleep, so I'm trying to ramp up the fluids, potassium, and stretching. And, I continue to experience very vivid weird and/or disturbing dreams each night. (This has been going on for most of the pregnancy thus far.)

What's Different: Based on how my body feels, it seems like I should have already hit the third trimester-- but I think this is to be expected with a second pregnancy. I also found out at my 24 week appointment that I am measuring two weeks ahead of schedule, so my next doctor's visit will include an ultrasound to get some more precise measurements and determine if my due date needs to be moved. Otherwise, nothing is too different at this point.

Baby girl!

What's The Same: At this point, the pregnancy is largely the same. I'm grateful it's been uneventful and smooth sailing thus far.

What I Miss: All the usual suspects... mostly, I'm just tired of having to monitor everything I put in my mouth. I'm looking forward to eating (and drinking) whatever I want in a few months.

26 weeks

What I'm Looking Forward To: I can't wait for my sister's and brother-in-law's visit in less than two weeks. She is currently pregnant with her first baby and is due just 5 weeks after me, so it's been fun to go through the pregnancy experience together. I'm looking forward to catching up and
comparing bumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment