Friday, May 9, 2014

Baby #2: Weeks 29 - 30

29 (and a half) weeks at Fannie Mae Dees "Dragon" Park in Nashville

Dates: April 22 - May 5, 2014

Highlights: During week 30, we took a family trip to Nashville to visit one of my best friends from college and her family. This was our last hurrah before the little lady makes her debut in July-- and one of our first family trips somewhere other than home to visit our families-- and it was great to catch up with friends and explore a new city. I hadn't seen Camille since just before Nicholas was born, and hadn't seen two of her kids in even longer. Nicholas got along great with her three, and it was a nice "family moon" before our family dynamic changes again in two months.

Broadway Street in Nashville

Symptoms: Unfortunately, a new and really unpleasant symptom popped up in week 29. I have been experiencing a really strong, dull pain across my lower back that radiates out of the center of the base of my spine and wraps around my hips. I had three good workouts in week 28, so I'm not sure if I tweaked it while lifting weights, or if it's just due to overuse and lugging around a nearly 35 pound toddler on top of the weight I've gained, but it really hurts. Walking even short distances is difficult, and my lower back and hips are so stiff that I'm doing a serious pregnant lady waddle. Not fun. I'm using the heating pad and taking Tylenol, and hopefully it will clear up soon.

What's Different: This back pain is definitely new. The hip pain is also worse on my left side, and throughout my pregnancy with Nicholas, it was always on my right side. I'm still measuring two weeks ahead, but my last ultrasound confirmed she's only a little bit bigger than average.

30 weeks

What's the Same: Third trimester fatigue is starting to set in, just like last time. Happily, I once again got the all clear on the gestational diabetes front (thankfully! bring on more brownies... ), but, like last time, I've also got a case of pregnancy anemia. I'll be taking prescription iron from here on out.

What I Miss: Oh, the usual... nothing new to report here.

What I'm Looking Forward To: We've made good progress on baby girl's nursery. The paint is done, and now I'm looking forward to getting the crib touched up and reassembled (Nicholas left his mark in the form of bite marks all over the front railing), hanging the curtains, and starting on some of the fun decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment