Sunday, May 23, 2010

Relaxation

This weekend has been just what the doctor ordered... after numerous weeks of visitors, my sister's bachlorette festivities last weekend, and plenty of work travel scattered in for good measure, I really needed a weekend to veg out and do nothing. Well, not much anyway.

J was out of town this weekend, so I got home from a business trip to Houston on Friday evening and watched the final 3 episodes of Grey's Anatomy while doing a couple loads of laundry. My interest in that show kind of ebbs and flows, but the season finale was surprisingly riveting. I was totally glued to the TV. Then I got a strange little burst of energy at about 11:45 and wound up cleaning the house for an hour. That doesn't happen often, but when the mood strikes, I go with it.

Saturday I slept in, and then my friend Anne came up from San Antonio. She is doing the triathlon with me, so we headed out to my gym to do a 30 minute open water swim, followed by a 5K. The swim felt great, but we started the run around 1:30pm. Probably not the best timing considering it was well north of 90 degrees and humid. But we got through it and rewarded ourselves a few hours later with a medium pie and a Greek salad at Home Slice. Later, we met up with a few of my friends at Lustre Pearl to enjoy a cocktail and celebrate at birthday.

Now it's Sunday and I've got to tackle one long bike ride-- probably an hour or so-- and then I plan to pretty much just lie around and relax for the rest of the day. Ahhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment