Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hi ho, hi ho...

... it's back to work we go! After a wonderful 10-day trip to the Northwest over Christmas, we're back home and getting settled into our normal routine. Or at least I am. Someone doesn't start school again for another week and a half. But I'm not bitter or anything...

Ahem, I digress. Our trip home was great, and we managed to visit with numerous different family members and friends. There are still plenty of people I would have liked to see, but despite filling almost every single day with several visits, it just wasn't possible. Overall, however, we had a great trip! Highlights included:
  • A traditional Polish Christmas Eve dinner celebration with J's family

  • A delicious Korean feast for Christmas day lunch with J's close family friends

  • An overnight trip to Leavenworth, WA with J's sister and brother-in-law where we tubed, snowshoed, and filled up on traditional German food and beer

  • A quick trip down to Portland to visit my parents and have dinner with my brother and future sister-in-law

  • Visits with two high school friends, one of whom just had a baby

  • New Year's Eve with some of our closest friends in Seattle

I didn't do a great job taking pictures, but here are few from our trip to Leavenworth:



Whew! It was an action-packed whirlwind and we had a great time, but it was nice to get home this past Sunday and settle back into our own home. And now it's time to think about the year ahead... I've got some specific goals for 2011 that I'll share with you tomorrow. In the meantime, I hope you're all settling comfortably back into your own routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment