Friday, June 17, 2011

He Accepted!

Just popping on to say hi and, more importantly, that earlier this week J accepted a fantastic offer from an Austin-based tech company. Hallelujah, the job search is over! This means that we'll be staying in Austin for the next couple years. I am disappointed that his new role won't be taking us back closer to family and friends on the West Coast, but I am thrilled that he found a great job at a great company-- a job that he is excited to have. And, we've agreed that this job doesn't have to be forever, but it's a good fit for right now. So, we're heading out tonight to enjoy a celebratory dinner, and then we begin (rental) house hunting in Austin tomorrow. I am so looking forward to being more settled!

I hope your weekend is off to a great start, too!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! It's always a relief to finally know what the next step is. Happy House Hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you both KK! I'm bummed you won't be coming back up to Seattle right away, but glad you're happy with the situation!

    Also, I'm so sorry I haven't called you back! My memory is ridiculously bad lately, and trying to talk on the phone is a bit of a challenge with my new little friend around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay congrats!! They are lucky to have him, and now I get to visit Austin again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, congrats!! So exciting!! Enjoy house hunting!

    ReplyDelete