Thursday, December 8, 2011

Weeks 31 and 32

December 2, 2012


Best Moment: Weeks 31 and 32 were busy ones! In addition to cooking and hosting our first married Thanksgiving, we continued with the "baby MBA," completing a CPR and first aid class, and meeting with two pediatricians. We did a fair amount of nesting, including cooking and freezing four meals worth of turkey chili and chicken "not pie" (a great crust-less pot pie-like stew), 3 loaves of pumpkin bread, and countless cups of turkey stock (thank you, Thanksgiving leftovers.) I need to post a picture of the interior of my freezer soon... it's impressive. We also joined Costco (making us officially parents) and began stocking up on diapers and wipes. Then, on December 1st, we embarked on a babymoon to the gulf coast of Florida. More on that to come later!


Symptoms: Still tired. Still feeling some back and hip pain. It kind of comes and goes. Other than that, nothing new.


Cravings/Aversions: Thanksgiving weekend was a pregnant woman's delight. Our guests brought a green bean casserole, appetizers, and beverages, and we cooked turkey, pan jus gravy, sage stuffing, orange port cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie-- beginning with whole pumpkins that we roasted and then pureed. We wound up with so much extra pumpkin puree, that I had enough for the 3 aforementioned loaves of pumpkin bread, plus a pumpkin spice bundt cake that was promptly devoured.


What I Miss: Just my energy.


What I Can't Wait For: I'm getting excited to meet the little guy. I wonder who he'll look like and what his personality will be like. I can't wait to find out!


Milestones: As of last Friday, our little man weighs in around 4 pounds and is sporting fingernails, toenails, and hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment