Friday, July 10, 2009

Goodbyes

They've started, and I hate it. In addition to being sad because I'm leaving and won't be seeing many of these people for a long time, they're just awkward and depressing. Some goodbyes are teary-eyed, others are stoic and comprised of very few words, some are awkward with promises of staying in touch that we both know will not be fulfilled, and others are just plain sad. Today was my last day at work, and I said many goodbyes-- several from each of these categories. My co-workers, however, did a great job of making me feel special and appreciated with a few well timed surprises, and I know that many of them have crossed over to become real-life friends that I will keep in touch with for years to come.

We began toying with the idea of business school in November, decided that we would definitely go in March, and have been making preparations for Austin since April. So this move has been looming on the horizon for a quite a while. The anticipation has been exciting, but after months of planning, debating, worrying, discussing, and dreaming, I'm ready to get the show on the road and finally start this new chapter of our lives. Now that we've said goodbyes to co-workers, many friends, and most of our family members, I'm looking forward to the end of goodbye and the beginning of hello. Hello road trip, hello business school, hello Austin. Just T-5 days until we hit the road. Hello, adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment