Monday, July 6, 2009

Fabulous Fourth

We spent the holiday weekend down in Portland visiting with my family one more time before the big move. Knowing we won't be back down to visit again until Christmas was sad, but we had a great time with my parents, my sister, and my brother and his girlfriend. Friday afternoon we logged some pool time down at my parents' country club, followed by a fanatastic dinner of my dad's homemade ribs (in honor of Texas of course!) and an impromptu fireworks show on our back patio.

Saturday, my sister and I took a run/walk around the neighborhood and then headed back to the pool while the guys golfed. That evening we attended a big BBQ and 4th of July party at the country club. However, we were pretty wiped out from the heat, so we ended up staying in and watching a movie instead of heading back out afterwards to watch the fireworks.

The only bummer was holiday weekend traffic and a 4 and a half drive home. I'll sign off with some pictures from our new digital camera!


My brother, sis, and Dad

The whole fam enjoying BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, and homemade baked beans

Sparklers (followed by fireworks!)

And apparently it was a little bit of dance party, too...


J and I at the riverside 4th of July BBQ festivities

No comments:

Post a Comment