Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The only title I can think of...

...is Blechgggghhg. I don't even know what that sounds like, but I do know that I literally did not see daylight today. I was at my office working before it was light out and left after it got dark again. Delightful. Work is pretty much kicking my butt this week, and I don't think it's going to slow down for weeks to come. My brain is fried, and I'm trying to psych myself up to go to the gym tomorrow morning before another long day. I hate the idea of getting up at 5:30am (again), but I also know I'll feel a lot better if I squeeze in a workout before the weekend. But, in the spirit of good attitudes and positivity, there are a few things I can be happy about:
  • It's in the mid-70s every day this week. Two weeks ago it was in the 20s. Now it's in the 70s. I am not complaining. Bring it on, springtime! I have sandals that need a good dusting off.
  • Frozen meals -- not the Lean Cuisine/Smart Ones variety, but delicious, home-cooked meals that I made before the holidays, froze, and have been thoroughly enjoying this week. There is nothing like simply heating up a batch of homemade chili after a 12-hour workday when merely operating the remote control sounds exhausting.
  • J got an interview with a very-large-technology-company-in-the-Bay-Area-that-shall- remain-nameless for his summer internship-- hopefully the first of many, but it's a start!
  • In less than 48 hours I will be popping a bottle of vino rosso and toasting two (hopefully) work free days.

Aaaaaaaaand, I'm spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment