Thursday, January 7, 2010

A triple shot kind of a morning...

Yep, I went for the well deserved triple grande nonfat latte this morning after one of those workouts where you are so tired going in that you're just grateful to get through it and don't even care that you have to stop every five minutes to take a breather while the 8 months pregnant lady next to you powers through yet another set of lunges. Ugh. But I can feel good that my tiredness is the result of really pushing myself at the gym this week-- I've gotten up at 5:40am three times this week so far for morning workouts. I'm thinking tomorrow will be a rest day, and then I'd like to finish strong with two good cardio workouts this weekend. Now let's hope the caffeine boost will get me through the rest of today.

Yesterday morning, I had a resting metabolic rate test. This is a test that tells you how many calories your body burns when just resting and doing absolutely nothing. Turns out those 2 glasses of wine and/or dessert most nights of the week are going to become a thing of the past as I was dismayed to learn that my metabolism is on the low side of normal. And this despite the fact that I'm already pretty diligent about weight training twice a week for an hour. So it looks like vigorous cardio is going to have to become my new hobby if I want to avoid massive poundage as I age. Fun, fun.

In other ramblings... how 'bout those Longhorns??!?! The Rose Bowl was a total disappointment with Oregon playing terribly and losing to OSU, but I'll be tuning in tonight to watch the 'Horns hopefully destroy Alabama and clinch the national title. I love rooting for an underdog, and it seems like the media expects Texas to get "rolled," but we shall see...


Hook 'em!

3 comments:

  1. Major MAJOR props to you for waking up so early to go the gym. I cannot exercise early in the morning...I would rather exercise in the afternoon but if that's not possible I'll work on in the evening. I've always wanted to work out in the morning....I am jealous. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Championship game broke my big Texas heart! As a Texan, and a HUGE Longhorn fan, I was more than bummed to see Colt get hurt. I truly believe the outcome would have been different had he remained in the game. However, the coming years should be fabulous at UT as we have the McCoy-Shipley sequel coming in (their younger brothers) and Gilbert looked promising as a QB of our future! Hook Em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. new around here! ;)
    you rock for going to the gym so early! i wish i could wake up that early to hit the gym. i guess i'm just proud of myself for working out at all ;)
    hope you are having a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete