Friday, February 18, 2011

Ready for the Weekend!

This week has been a looooong one. I think partially because we were out of town last weekend, so we didn't have a lot of time to prepare for the week ahead. Work is also starting to pick up for me (which is a good thing), but that leaves me oh-so-ready for a relaxing evening tonight and a low-key weekend.

Last weekend was a lot of fun. We went out to Los Angeles to visit our friends Laurie & Matt, and their daughter, Camille. Laurie runs a non-profit, and J is on the board, so we flew out to attend their annual in-person meeting and dinner. We also got to spending some time enjoying LA-- including a trip to the zoo, lunch from In'N'Out, a walk along the park that overlooks the ocean in Brentwood, and a drive past O.J. Simpson's former residence. (We discovered that they have torn down his house, built a new one, and renumbered the street. I don't blame them. Can you imagine living in that house? Creepy.)

The weather was gorgeous! Unlike Texas, which is totally dead and brown this time of year, LA was lush and green. It looked and felt like May. Unfortunately, I didn't get too many pictures, but I did snap a few at the zoo:

Dad & daughter enjoying the sights

Overall, it was a great weekend! I think we found a new little buddy in Camille. Hopefully we'll be able to visit again before she forgets us completely!

We don't have a whole lot planned this weekend, but will be heading out to cheer on our friends Anne & Gregg in the Austin Half Marathon. They have requested lunch at our new favorite burger joint, Hop Doddy, afterward. I am happy to oblige, but sadly will not have just burned 1,300 calories like them. Hmmm... I may need to do a little jogging myself.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. KK, I can't believe you were in LA last weekend! I was as well, I wish we had known and hung out! You could have come to my baby shower! :)

    ReplyDelete