Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Busy Bee

It's been a little while since I posted last... what's been going on? To start, we had our friends Anne & Gregg up from San Antonio to run the half marathon (them, not us) the weekend before last. I headed out bright and early on Sunday morning to cheer them on and thought I might end up running a mile or two with Anne if I managed to pick her out of the huge crowd of runners. I did find her... and then proceeded to run the whole rest of the half marathon with her! That was a 5 mile workout I hadn't planned on, but it was a beautiful day and so much fun to be out amidst the crowds and race day excitement. It made me kinda wish I had a big race on the agenda (until my knees started killing a few hours later, at which point I promptly nixed any race plans.) After the race, we fulfilled their request for HopDoddy burgers and I felt no guilt indulging in my Llano Poblano burger. Mmmm.

Monday and Tuesday of last week I headed to Atlanta for meetings with a new client, and then we had a few fun plans later in the week. I've been meeting with a group of girlfriends each Wednesday night to watch (and dissect) The Bachelor on DVR. Some are old veterans like me, and others are new to The Bachelor, but I think we can all agree that a.) Brad is super awkward; and b.) Emily seems way to good to be on this show. I hope he picks her, but also sort of hope he doesn't because I think she could probably find someone so much better. Time will tell... only a few weeks to go!

On Friday night, we participated in the annual MBA Big Lebowski Bowling Tournament. Costumes mandatory. Our team's performance was pretty poor, but we all picked it up on the second game, and I managed to bowl a 110, which may be my best ever. I beat J in both games. (Yes, we are terrible.)

J & I in our costumes (80s workout chick for me, random Big Lebowski dude for him)

The rest of our team, minus JH.

And, the winners-- including our good friends Joe, Dan, Andy, and Cassie. (Unfortunately I didn't get a full length picture-- you could have marvelled at the guys' super sexy cut off jeans.)

We just stayed in and relaxed the rest of the weekend. It was low-key, but one of those weekends where I managed to accomplish a lot and get caught up on a bunch of things (6 loads of laundry come to mind...) J made me dinner on Saturday night, which was a huge treat since I do 99% of the food planning, purchasing, and preparation in our household (although he does do the dishes regularly.) Here's my manly chef:


Hope you had a good weekend, too!

1 comment: