Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What's your design style?

I found this fun little quiz over at Young House Love. Apparently my design style most resembles "Old World Extravagance." The motley crew of used furniture and IKEA pieces I purchased a decade ago for my first apartment (and still make up most of my furniture collection) beg to differ, but I guess a girl can dream, right? Maybe my next place will live up to this description:

"Cozy, not oversized-- a handcrafted gem. Your kitchen is your prize. Decorative, finished... elegant. The bedroom exudes a sensuous tranquility. Like the painter's brush, your composition is done in living color. A sense of rolling hills and vineyards surround this table. The glass of red-- a highly recommended habit. Pre-war, upper east side attitude. Focused on good food and good company-- you're the chef!"


What's your design style?

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I read YHL too! I love their blog :)

    My result was:
    Details...
    Cozy… not oversized - a hand crafted gem. To cook a grand meal in an elegant kitchen is your joy. A fantasy, the bedroom combines an invigorating mix of styles. Connecting to the handcrafting of the artist, you sense a skill and some chance. Modern subtleties extend to your table. Afternoon refreshments on the patio Pre-war, upper east side attitude. Stand tall in the saddle… it's a short ride home..
    Suspected "Bucolic Artisan"

    - Pablo Picasso
    - Annie Liebowitz
    - Willie Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm "seaside informal." Yah, I like the sound of that. :-)

    ReplyDelete