Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Week 20


September 9, 2011

Best Moment: This week included several highlights. Most of our impromptu trip up to Fort Worth occurred during week 20, and we really enjoyed ourselves despite the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the trip. Reaching the halfway point in my pregnancy was also really exciting. It's hard to believe I'm now over the hump and closer to the end! And, wow, do I have stuff I need to get done. The best moment of the week, however, came on Friday night when I finally felt Jelly Bean move-- for sure this time. I thought I had felt him once or twice before, but wasn't quite sure. But on Friday night, right after dinner, he started moving and there was no mistaking it. Now it's a regular occurrence, particularly after meals and when I'm relaxing.

Symptoms: Lots of baby movement... finally!

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing out of the ordinary... I say this every week, but my appetite just seems to be getting bigger and bigger. As does my stomach.

What I Miss: Having a short to-do list? I'm not sure. I don't think life ever really slows down, but it's feeling particularly hectic these days.

What I Can't Wait For: We're looking forward to our upcoming 20 week doctor appointment and fetal anatomy scan.

Milestones: We've made it halfway! That is a huge milestone. Jelly Bean is also growing up a storm, now weighing in around 11 oz. and measuring the length of a banana.

1 comment:

  1. Just visiting your blog for the first time! Congrats on being pregnant and your move to Texas! I was born there and went back for college after growing up right outside of DC. I am jealous you live there! It will be a wonderful place to raise your son!

    ReplyDelete