Friday, September 9, 2011

Weeks 18 and 19


August 26, 2011 - 18 weeks (and 33 years old!) -and- September 2, 2011 - 19 weeks


I'm a little behind on my weekly updates, so today you get two for one, and then I'll post this week's update over the weekend.


Best Moment: There have been several highlights over the past few weeks. I celebrated my birthday on August 26th with a delicious meal at Wink. We had the tasting menu, and it was fantastic. It was a little tamer than some of my past birthdays, but I was determined to at least enjoy a great meal, and we succeeded. We also enjoyed about 18 blissful hours of air conditioning from the evening of the 26th up until the following afternoon. I've save the rest of the details for later, but suffice it to say, our air conditioning is not currently in working order. Those were a really nice 18 hours, though.


Symptoms: Not too much to report here. I've still been getting sharp round ligament pains pretty frequently, but overall I'm feeling good. I haven't felt him move much though. Two or three times I've felt little twinges (like a small bubble popping), but I'm not sure if that's him, or, ahem, some digestion issues.


Cravings/Aversions: I haven't been experiencing anything in the way of aversions lately, but my appetite continues to grow by the week. Does ice cream count as a craving? Because I want dessert-- particularly of the icy cold and creamy variety-- at least once a day. Moderation will be key.


What I Miss: Not too much... I am just trying to enjoy this period of feeling good while it lasts.


What I Can't Wait For: I am feeling a major urge to start getting the nursery ready and attacking our to-do list. Due to the AC being broken for most of the past month, we've had to be out of our house for the past 3 weekends-- meaning we haven't been able to make any progress on our huge list. (And we still have boxes in our garage to unpack!) I am seriously looking forward to a.) air conditioning that works on a daily basis; and b.) tackling our baby list.


Milestones: As of 19 weeks, he weighs in at just over a half pound and is about the size of a large heirloom tomato (which is appropriate this time of year... mmm... I could go for a caprese salad.) Jelly bean can probably hear my voice now, and he is starting to sprout hair on his scalp.

No comments:

Post a Comment