Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week 17



August 19, 2011


Best Moment: The only thing we've really been able to focus on this week is staying cool. I did join a pre-natal yoga class with the hopes of getting a little exercise and hopefully meeting some other mamas-to-be (since I don't currently know any.) We also received our new dining table and chairs, which will be great for hosting family and friends after the Bean arrives, and far more comfortable that our semi-broken Ikea folding chairs circa '04.


Symptoms: Not to beat a dead horse here, but this pregnant lady is HOT. I stopped voluntarily going outside back in late May so, needless to say, not being able to escape the heat inside my own home has been pretty rough. The round ligament pains also continue. On the plus side, I think it's getting easier to sleep on my side-- either because I am just getting used to it, or because my growing belly actually makes it more comfortable than sleeping on my back.


Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really. Except we did go back to a restaurant where I had a major aversion to a salad early on in the pregnancy, and even though I haven't felt nauseous in weeks, nothing on the menu there sounded good, and I wasn't able to stomach my entree--even though it wasn't salad-- because it reminded me of the last time we were there. Weird.


What I Miss: Um, air conditioning?


What I Can't Wait For: I'll give you one guess...

Milestones: Jelly Bean weighs 5 oz. and is 5 inches long. He can now move his joints and his sweat glands are beginning to develop. (Dare I suggest he might have very well developed sweat glands after this week??)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like those sweat glands will come in handy! I had a salad with a very distinctive dressing at a place down the street, and I can't go back now due to the smell of the dressing walking in the door. Do you have extra odor sensitivity too?

    ReplyDelete