Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's a...

At last Friday's doctor's appointment, our ultrasound tech was able to figure out Jelly Bean's sex, but we didn't want to know immediately. OK, I did, but Jason wanted to do something a little more fun. So I (begrudgingly) agreed to have the big reveal sealed up in an envelope and then I exercised the utmost in self-control all afternoon as I carried it around in my purse.

We had talked about doing a "gender reveal party" with a big dramatic slicing into a blue or pink filled cake, but since we a.) have about 4 friends left here in Austin; and b.) had given these 4 people zero notice, we decided that scenario probably wasn't going to pan out for us. So we opted to just do our own mini gender reveal party, with a few pink or blue frosting filled cupcakes from Sugar Mama's Bakeshop (yum.) We dropped off the envelope on Friday night, made our cupcake order, and waited patiently until Saturday afternoon.

The original plan had been to eat them for dessert after a nice dinner, but I decided I couldn't wait. So at about 3pm we headed to the back patio at the Hotel San Jose (one of our favorite places, which happens to be located across the street from our old apartment), ordered a couple sparkling waters, and sliced into the first cupcake. The result?


It's...

a...




BOY!!


I'll admit it... I was totally shocked. A combination of the Chinese gender prediction chart, some old wives tales (particularly those concerning fruit and my less than stellar complexion), and a "gut feeling" had convinced me it was a girl. But we are so excited for our boy, and I am totally on board with all things blue! Now on to the nursery and picking out a name...

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your baby boy! There is just something so special about a mama and her little man...prepare to be totally smitten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! CONGRATS!!! Little boys are so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on a sweet baby boy!!!

    (it seems like forever everyone i knew was right on with the chinese gender predictor, but then recently there have been so many people i know that it goes the other way!)

    anyway... yay blue!! congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete