Thursday, August 4, 2011

Week 13

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic-- I managed to break our camera last week, so it will be iPhone pics until we get it fixed (or I convince J that we need to invest in a nice DSLR camera!)

July 22, 2011

Best Moment: We spent all of this week cleaning and painting the new house, packing, and otherwise prepping for the move. I don't consider these the "best moment" of the week, but getting these items crossed off my to-do list sure was.

Symptoms: Fatigue, as usual. But I'm pretty sure that has a little something to do with the move. I consider the fact that I can even do any of the above chores pretty impressive... a month ago, simply mustering the energy to eat dinner necessitated an immediate nap afterward.

Cravings/Aversions: Beef. On Friday night, after a long day of packing (and before a long day of moving), we had the world's best dinner at Hop Doddy. I've mentioned this place before, but seriously... if you are in Austin: JUST. GO. I've eaten a lot of burgers in cities scattered across the United States and this is hands down the best burger joint I've ever been to. It may officially be my pregnancy craving dinner of choice from here on out. I had been dreaming of that Llano Poblano burger all day and it did not disappoint. The local, grass-fed beef is ground there, the buns are cooked there, all the toppings are organic and local... My burger of choice has a roasted Poblano pepper, smoked applewood bacon, pepper jack cheese, and chipotle mayo. I am drooling as I type this. And now I realize I have written the world's longest paragraph about a hamburger. Food takes on a new meaning during pregnancy. I will be back there frequently.

What I Miss: Working out regularly. After my little scare last week, I've been advised to avoid anything too strenuous. That combined with spending all my free time (and energy) on move-related chores means exercise has fallen by the wayside. Hopefully once we get settled, I can get into a new, pregnancy-safe workout groove.

What I Can't Wait For: I am dying to get settled into our new place and have this move behind us. It feels like we've had this move hanging over us forever now (OK, since May), and my to-do list is still a mile long. But the end is in sight...

Milestones: Working our way through the produce aisle, our Bean is now about 3 inches long and the size of a medium peach. Fingerprints have formed on his or her tiny fingers, and s/he weighs in at about an ounce.

3 comments:

  1. If I am ever in Austin, you can bet that I'll be meeting you for one of those burgers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This workout will be extreme for those that are only used to doing abs or core workout while laying on the floor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely invest in a DSLR! You don't have to get a super pricey one, and just think about all the photos you'll be taking soon! :)

    ReplyDelete