Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 11

I took a picture in Week 10, but didn't do a recap. I didn't get a picture for Week 11, so Week 10 it is. The hands-on-hip pose makes the bump look pretty minimal, but it's definitely there and growing!

July 8, 2011

Best Moment: This week I traveled back to Portland to co-host a bridal shower for my brother's fiancee along with my sister, Laura. I hadn't been back since late December when we took a quick post-Christmas visit, so it was great to catch up with my family and celebrate my sister-in-law to be. Laura and I had a fantastic time planning out the menu and decorating for the shower, and we're pretty sure Brooke had a great time at the event.

Symptoms: Not too much in the way of symptoms. I traveled to Portland straight from DC, where I had some work meetings, and despite a hellish night spent at Reagan National Airport (and then in Alexandria, VA Hampton Inn because my flight was cancelled), my energy was pretty high all week. My appetite seems to be back, and no nausea to speak of. I don't want to jinx myself, but I think I may be over the worst of the first trimester. My bump, on the other hand, is just getting started. I purchased and wore a Belly Band for the first time, and I am getting to the point where I can no longer button several pairs of pants.

Cravings/Aversions: Again, not too much to complain about here! I definitely have an enhanced sweet tooth and continue to love all the fresh, summer fruit, but that's about it.

What I Miss: Nothing, really.

What I Can't Wait For: I'm looking forward to my 12 week doctor's appointment and a chance to see Jelly Bean again.

Milestones: Jelly Bean is now the size of a fig and his or her organs and major bodily systems are almost fully formed. Teeth buds are developing beneath his or her gums and bones are beginning to harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment