Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Week 12


July 15, 2011

Best Moment: Unfortunately, we had a little scare this week. On Sunday, while I was home visiting my family, I woke up with some light spotting. My mind immediately went to a very bad place. And, even worse, I had 6-7 hours of air travel ahead of me that day before I could get home, and then would have to wait until Monday morning to call my doc anyway. I was sure things were very wrong with the Bean, so I called in sick on Monday morning. My doctor was able to squeeze me in for an appointment late that afternoon. I had prepared myself for the worst, but they quickly found the baby's heartbeat and said that everything looked great. In fact, my little 11.5 week Jelly Bean was one of the more active babies they've seen at that early stage. I have not been that happy in a long, long time. Prayers most definitely answered. Bean was kicking and waving and flipping around, so we got to see all of his/her body and everything looked just as it should.

Symptoms: See above. This may be TMI, but apparently I have a very low-lying placenta, which may result in continued spotting until my uterus becomes much larger. This knowledge hasn't prevented several mini panic attacks this week, but I keep telling myself that I just have to trust my doc (which I do.) Aside from that, I'm back to being really, really tired. I think all my travel last week wore me out.

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really. My appetite seems to be normalizing.

What I Miss: My energy. Come on second trimester!

What I Can't Wait For: Getting settled into our new house. We're just a week away, but so much to do between now and then...

Milestones: Making it to 12 weeks is a huge milestone. Although not technically the end of the first trimester (I still have 2 more weeks), I feel like it's a huge validation that I really am pregnant and maybe there really will be a baby at the end of this thing. Oh, and I told my boss this week. I wasn't too nervous, but he was super excited and supportive, so that was nice. Now I can stop sucking in all day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that pesky spotting! No matter how far along you are or how much reassurance you get from your doc, it will scare you to pieces every time! So glad that things were looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had a scare this week. That's really frightening but I'm happy that everything was all right. You look so happy in your picture!

    ReplyDelete