Thursday, August 11, 2011

Week 15

At Geoff's wedding... actually 15 weeks, 1 day. And I'm posting this a little late, but better now than never!

August 5, 2011

Best Moment: This week we traveled to Portland for my brother's wedding. The highlight of the week has been celebrating with Geoff and Brooke, visiting with our extended family, and sharing our baby news with everyone.

Symptoms: I've been feeling pretty great! It's definitely getting a lot more obvious that I'm pregnant. I "shopped my closet" and wound up trying on a bunch of different dresses to find suitable options for the rehearsal dinner and wedding. I found two good ones, but I'm definitely due for a maternity shopping trip soon. (The ruffles on the dress above definitely hide the bump!)

Cravings/Aversions: I like to think Jelly Bean just has a serious sweet tooth, but I'm not sure I can blame my sweets cravings on him/her. Regardless, I'm finding that dessert every night is pretty much a necessity.

What I Miss: I haven't missed alcohol very much during this pregnancy, but, quite honestly, I missed toasting the bride and groom with a glass of wine or bubbly and enjoying the adult beverages at the reception. But, again, forgoing the wine in favor of sparkling water is a small sacrifice for the end payoff.

What I Can't Wait For: We have a doctor's appointment and another ultrasound next week... and a possibility of finding out if Jelly Bean is a he or a she!

Milestones: Now the size of a large apple, Jelly Bean is "breathing" amniotic fluid in through his or her nose and through the upper respiratory tract.

No comments:

Post a Comment