Thursday, October 20, 2011

Week 25

October 14, 2011

Best Moment: Week 25 was a fun one! We spent one day in Houston to attend the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover Live event. It was great-- he is just so entertaining, and we love his message. We're already FPU graduates, but we couldn't pass up the opportunity to see him person. (This may make us total dorks, but we're OK with that.) After the event, we toured around the historic Houston Heights neighborhood and had a great dinner at Zelko Bistro before hitting the road back to Austin. And, then, a few days later we had our 24 week doctor's appointment. We are so grateful that everything continues to look great with the Bean.

Symptoms: This was the first week that I really started to feel pregnant. I now apparently grunt a little (involuntarily) when I bend over over squat down. Rolling over in bed is kind of an event. And my lower back is starting to hurt. My pre-natal yoga definitely helps with the aches and pains, so it may be time to step up my attendance to twice a week.

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing new here. I have been cooking up a storm lately though. I've just been in the mood for classic comfort food like the tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches I shared earlier this week, as well as fried chicken and peach pie (a meal that deserves a post of its own!)

What I Miss: Not too much, although my latest aches and pains are helping me envision a time when I just want this baby here (vs. stressing about how long my to-do list is, and how little time I have to do it.) I can see a time in the very near future when I think I'll just start feeling ready for him to arrive, regardless of the state of my to-do list.

What I Can't Wait For: My parents' visit next week!

Milestones: Jelly Bean is now over a foot long and pushing two pounds. He's growing hair (wonder if he'll be a red head or a brunette?) and starting to fill out a little bit with some cute baby fat.

1 comment: