Thursday, October 27, 2011

Week 26

October 21, 2011

Best Moment: My parents came to visit last week and we had a fantastic time. We finally finished up all the home improvements we've been working on, so it was fun to show off our place. The weather was great (mid-80s) and we enjoyed some shopping on South Congress, a few nice meals out, a day trip to Fredericksburg to visit the WWII Pacific War museum, and some live music at the Saxon Pub.

Symptoms: In addition to the low back pain that kicked in last week, I'm starting to have some pain in my right hip. My yoga instructor tells me it's from a combination of sleeping on my side and my hips naturally spreading out in preparation for delivery. Fun times. At this point, I'm just trying to stay active as much as possible with walking, yoga, and light weights to help keep everything limber and in good working order.

Cravings/Aversions: Same story here... huge appetite and no willpower (or desire to exercise willpower) when it comes to sweets. That plus all the great food we enjoyed during my parents' visit will probably result in a bigger than usual weight gain the next time I step on scale, but I'm trying not to worry about it too much.

What I Miss: Honestly, I'm kind of getting tired of having to monitor everything I put in my mouth. At home, I've got a pretty good routine going in terms of what I can eat, but when I go out I'm constantly reminded of all the stuff that's off limits. Everything from deli meat, to soft cheeses, to medium rare meats. And of course the wine. I've had little sips here and there, but it would be nice to just enjoy a big, juicy, medium rare steak and nice glass of Cab. Only a few more months now...

What I Can't Wait For: The nursery is painted, so now it's time to set up the crib and start thinking more seriously about decor. We're going with a light Babar theme-- meaning some Babar and elephant items, but not over the top theme-y. The walls are a pale aqua blue, and we'll have some navy accents with some other bright colors. More to come!

Milestones: Jelly Bean is about the length of an English cucumber (14 inches or so), and he can now hear not only my voice, but other sounds outside the womb, including Jason's voice.

1 comment:

  1. You are looking so great! Can't believe you're already 26 weeks!

    ReplyDelete