Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Week 27

October 28, 2011

Best Moment: After my parents left last weekend, it was a quiet rest of the week. The highlight was probably registering on Friday night at Babies'R'Us... fun, though definitely a little intimidating. They gave us a list about 5 pages long of all the stuff we "need." I think our registry currently consists of about 20 items. With a 1500 square foot house, we're going with a less is more approach. I figure we can always purchase things later on that we discover we really need, but I don't want to wind up with a bunch of baby stuff we never touch. Still, it was fun to stroll aisles and picture him in a car seat, in a stroller, etc.

Symptoms: In addition to the back pain, I'm starting to get some sciatic nerve pain that runs from my lower back through my right hip and down my right leg. But, I'm not complaining too much. It's uncomfortable, but a heating pad helps, and I think it's just comes with the territory at this point. I've had a pretty easy pregnancy thus far.

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing new here. Much to Jason's disappointment, barbecue still sounds pretty gross (I haven't had it once since very early in my first trimester), but everything else is fine. On the flip side, Halloween candy might pose a problem...

What I Miss: Nothing really.

What I Can't Wait For: One of my best friends from home is throwing me a shower in Portland in mid-December. I'm looking forward to that!

Milestones: I have officially completed the second trimester! It's hard to believe. We are now under the 3 month mark until my due date, and I know these last weeks are going to fly by. My focus for November is going to be on getting as much baby stuff done as possible, so that I can just relax and enjoy (as much as that's possible) the end of my pregnancy in December.

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute little mama! Congrats on the exciting new adventure:-) I'm due Nov. 30th...the weeks have been flying by, for sure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bump pic! I just taught a lecture on prenatal development so it's all fresh in my mind about the different trimesters :) congrats on entering your third and I can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete