Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week 29... and a wedding

November 11, 2011


Best Moment: The highlight of the week was catching up with my best friends from college at my good friend Anne's wedding. I haven't seen one of our friends, Camille, since she visited Austin last April, so it felt like a girls weekend with an extra special finale. (But we missed you, Diana!) Thursday night after work I drove down to San Antonio and met up with Anne, Camille, and her husband J for dinner at Dough. (Good stuff if you're ever in the Alamo city.) On Friday we hosted a little shower for Anne to enjoy some pre-wedding pampering, followed by the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Then on Saturday, we attended her gorgeous wedding. It was great to get away for the weekend and enjoy some fun with old friends before the little man arrives. Here's a picture of the three of us together:



Symptoms: Back pain, hip pain, and fatigue. But I managed to fulfill my MOH duties with flying colors by standing for the full hour of Anne's orthodox wedding ceremony. Go me. (Of course, I enjoyed a good two hour nap the next day.)


Cravings/Aversions: I crave food. Pretty much all types. I think I may need to delete this category. I feel like I am beginning to sound like a broken record.


What I Miss: Not too much really. I can now definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel, so I'm just trying to enjoy the last couple months of this experience.


What I Can't Wait For: We've got an exciting few weeks coming up. We're hosting our first married Thanksgiving together, and then heading out to the gulf coast of Florida for another wedding in early December. We're going to stay a few extra days and make this our "babymoon." I'm looking forward to some R&R-- and hopefully a good prenatal massage at the resort!


Milestones: Baby is pushing 3 pounds and-- we revisit the produce aisle again this week-- about the size of a butternut squash. At this point, his brain development is kicking into high gear, which reminds me that I need to go pick up some Omega 3 supplements!

No comments:

Post a Comment