Friday, September 20, 2013

Five on Friday

I'm linking up once again with Darci and friends for Five on Friday. Here's what I'm excited about this week:

1.) We belong to Pedernales Cellar's wine club and they're hosting their annual fall release party tomorrow. We haven't been able to go for the past couple years, but we got a sitter for the afternoon, and we're heading out to Fredericksburg to do a little tasting and enjoy the beautiful scenery. And, bonus, turbulent weather brewing down in the Gulf means that it may actually dip below 90 tomorrow for the first time in five or six months. Sweater weather! (kidding.)


2.) On Sunday, my brother will be making his first visit to Austin since we moved into our new casa. He'll be in town for a work conference, but is spending the night with us before the conference starts. Geoff's visit is the perfect excuse for Jason to fire up the smoker and throw on one of his prized prime briskets. We'll whip up some cole slaw, potato salad, and peach cobbler to go along with it. We do it up right when guests are in town!

3.) The return of network TV next week. I mean, sure, I've enjoyed all kinds of free time in the evenings this summer-- I've read books, I've done some freelance writing, and I've gotten some projects done around the house. But, let's be honest-- productivity is a little boring. I'm ready to veg out on the couch at night in front of some sudsy TV goodness. Nashville anyone? 


4.) Austin's first Trader Joe's opens today. I've gone four long years without TJs. No "Two Buck Chuck." No name-any-one-of-the-amazing-assortment-of-frozen-foods. None of the best hummus in the entire world. This is an extremely exciting event for me. Living without Trader Joe's is kind of like living without coffee. Or sunshine. Or premium denim. Can I get an amen from my west coast peeps?

5.) And, finally, this little gentleman making a "mile!" for the camera. I mean seriously... is he cute or what?


Happy Friday!



3 comments:

  1. HE IS SO STINKING CUTE!!!

    And congrats on the Trader Joe's - BIG day!! I'm obsessed with ours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Although I love/hate TJs. I always end up with some large container of chocolate covered something that I eat all myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we had Trader Joe's in Canada!!!! I've heard so many great things about it.

    ReplyDelete