Monday, June 22, 2009

Lovely Weekend

We had a fantastic weekend and now sitting here with my coffee, it's tough to get back in the swing of the franctic Monday morning pace. Saturday was actually off to a little bit of a rough start, but all's well that ends well. We started the day with a lot of cleaning and organizing for the move. Since we've given notice on our apartment (actually a rental house), our landlord has decided that needs to hold 4 hour open houses every weekend until he rents it out. Super. He is also, um, how do I put this delicately-- "quite fastidious"-- about the condition of the house and how we maintain it, so this required us to spend most of the day cleaning, repainting all the little dings in the woodwork and baseboards, and generally correct anything that might result is us not getting our full deposit back. I tend to get a little overwhelmed at times when confronted with massive to-do lists, so I was not in the most joyful mood, but later in the afternoon J suggested we head over to Alki to take a long walk along the beach. Turns out that was a great idea... it's amazing how quickly a little physical activity and a pretty view melts away my stress and anxiety. I was kicking myself for not bringing my camera with me, but this was essentially the view (courtesy of Google):

(random dude enjoying the city view)


(random dude enjoying the Olympic Mountains view)


Saturday evening wrapped up with delicious homemade burgers and strawberry shortcake and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button."

Yesterday, we had to be out by 11am for the open house, so we went to church, headed over to the mall to run some errands (including buying me some comfy shoes that will actually look NOT extraordinarily dorky with shorts, so J can stop listening to me whine anytime we go do something sporty or that requires lots of walking, and I end up wearing "cute" sandals and then complain all day/night about my searing foot pain), and then headed over to parents' place for some Father's Day festivities. We enjoyed a great steak dinner and then all went to see "Up" together in 3D-- pretty cool! I don't think I've seen anything in 3D since Captain EO at Disneyland (credit to J for reminding me about the Michael Jackson fabulous-ness that is Captain EO) when I was approximately 9 years old, but it definitely makes the animation pop!

All in all, a relaxing, fun (and still somewhat productive) weekend! If only they could all be that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment