Sunday, June 7, 2009

Notice

This past week was a big one for us in our preparations for Austin. I gave notice at my job, we gave notice to our landlord, and we were found an apartment here:


The State House is located right in the center of the South Congress Ave. strip, which is home to a ton of fun restaurants, bars, and shops. We'll be within walking distance of downtown, and a UT shuttle picks up right in front of the complex so J can get to school quickly and easily. And, as an added bonus, I'm told that this is where the cast of Friday Night Lights lives while they're filming. Tim Riggins, anyone? ; )

Meanwhile, I've been staffed on a huge new project at work, I'm trying to find a new job in Austin, and we're working out the logistics of a cross-country move. So it's a lot to juggle right now... I just keep telling myself, "only five more weeks, only five more weeks..." We've got a 6 day roadtrip planned through Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and into Texas. And when we finally arrive, I can't wait to spend some time relaxing here:


Ah, pool time... That's something we just don't get enough of here!





3 comments:

  1. welcome to Austin! South Congress is a GREAT area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome!! i LOVE statehouse. they say julia roberts has a place there too...(but who knows...)

    anyway...we currently live in north austin, but are moving in july down south/central...

    and will no longer have a pool...

    you need fabulous new austin friends, i need a pool... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! I'm willing to work out a pool time for social activity trade! We essentially know no one in Austin, so I'm all for meeting as many new friends as possible. ; )

    ReplyDelete