Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Working Girl

Today was my first day at the new gig. My new boss was out of the office unexpectedly and no one else really knows anything about the account I'll be working on, so there wasn't much for me to do, and no one to help start getting me up to speed. So it's off to a slow start, but the few people I interacted with today all seem nice. I filled out HR paper work and had a tutorial on the time entry software (like lawyers, we bill our time to clients, so we need to account for each 15 minute increment of the day), and enjoyed a lunch out with a few coworkers at the California Pizza Kitchen down the road.

The highlight of the day came, however, when I had my first official Friday Night Lights celeb sighting. Walking back from lunch, we ran into Aimee Teegarden (aka Julie Taylor, coach Taylor's daughter):
She looked pretty much exactly like she does on the show... a normal teenage girl. I had heard that the FNL cast was back in town and that filming for season 4 began at the beginning of this month, but now the celeb watch is officially on!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am SUPER jealous you saw a cast member! I saw your post on the imperfect blog and I had to come check it out. If you see Tim Riggins I will really hate you!!!! I would be stalking him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just back from my trip, so I'm catching up on old posts and am so excited to see that you and the FNL's cast are quickly becoming BFF. Tell Tim I said hi!!

    ReplyDelete