Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Date Night

I think we're starting a little tradition around here. The past few Tuesdays we've been out to eat-- to celebrate J finishing his first quarter finals, to celebrate when we got his (great) grades back, and last night just because we need some quality time. Since we moved here, we've been really diligent about limiting our meals out to once, maybe twice, a week and cooking regularly, but it's a fun treat to have a little mid-week date night. We went to Curra's Grill, which is quickly rising up the ranks as our favorite local Mexican joint (and we should know... we have sampled the menu at no less than 5 other Mexican restaurants within about a 1-2 mile radius of our apartment... and there could be others I'm forgetting!)

I've gotten pretty picky about my Mexican of late, and I keep tabs on who has the best chips, salsa, enchiladas, tacos, guac, margaritas, you name it. Curra's stands out for the excellent salsa, good margs, and AMAZING grilled meats. You have to try the carnitas, which are marinated in Coca-Cola, OJ, and milk. It sounds strange, but the result is so tender, flavorful, and mouth-wateringly good. They also have an avocado margarita that I've heard is delicious, so I'll have to try that out one of these days. And, as we learned last night, happy hour goes all night on Tuesdays, so yet another reason to make it a regular Tuesday date night.

Afterward, J had to do some homework (as per usual), so I hit up the DVR for some entertainment (also a usual occurrence.) Strange confession: I totally love the Duggars. As in the Duggars of "18 Kids and Counting" fame. Their lifestyle isn't for me, but something about them is fascinating. Plus they seem so genuinely nice and friendly. And the kids all seem totally down to earth, out-going, and well adjusted (despite what the home school stereotypes might lead you to believe.) So I DVR every episode and it's something I secretly look forward to every Tuesday night. Like, just as much as I look forward to Glee (my new obsession), 30 Rock, or Mad Men. I know. I told you... strange.

And how 'bout last night's episode of Biggest Loser?? Do any of you watch it? What a tearjerker. I love Abby and was sad to see her go, but I have no doubt she will be incredibly successful on her own. What an inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment