Friday, June 7, 2013

Five on Friday

Time to get this blog jump started again! I'm linking up with a few fun bloggers today for Five on Friday to share some of things I'm been loving lately.

1.) Blogging. I've been a serious blog slacker for the last few eight months. And I think I have some legitimate excuses-- juggling a baby and a full-time job (along with managing a household and finding a little time to spend with Jason-- or alone) is no joke. But, I'm not the first woman to do it, and I certainly won't be the last. I've missed keeping up with my blog and documenting our family's life. I love looking back on previous posts to see what we were up to and I think it's such a great way to document Nicholas' milestones. I've been feeling re-energized lately and I'm ready to start making time for the things I enjoy, including blogging.

2.) Pool time. We took Nicholas to our neighborhood pool for the first time a few weeks ago, and he loved it! Even as a little 5 and 6 month old last summer, he loved the pool. I think it's safe to say we've got a water baby on our hands. I'm looking forward to taking him back to the pool this weekend. And we have to snag him some water wings so I don't need to hover quite so closely as he toddles around the baby pool.



3.) Brunch. Nicholas has proven to us several times over the past couple months that taking him out to dinner with us is just no longer an option (at least for a while). At 16 months old, he is just not OK with sitting still (or sitting quietly) for any length of time. And that is OK. But we've missed getting out of the house for the occasional restaurant meal. Lunches out interfere with nap time, but brunch is perfect. Nicholas is rested and happy in the morning, he's content to sit in a high chair for a little while, and we're home in time for his nap. And we get to enjoy tasty omelets, waffles, and other treats (cough, mimosa, cough), while catching up with friends. Plus, we can always find something that our picky, carb-loving boy will eat. We've been out to eat at the 1886 Cafe & Bakery at the Driskill Hotel twice in the past month, and we're meeting some friends this weekend for brunch at Chez Zee. I'm looking forward to it!

4.) The Killing. We finished season 2 on Amazon Prime a few weeks ago, and loved it. It's set in Seattle, which is fun, despite the excessive use of the seriously industrial-sized rain machine they must have on the set. (Stereotype, much?) Although-- fun fact-- it was actually filmed in Vancouver, BC. Maybe they get more rain?? Anyway, last week season 3 started up on AMC. It's darker and creepier than seasons 1 and 2, but we're already hooked-- inordinate rain and all.


5.) It's Friday. It's been a long week and I'm ready for some R&R. Jason is bringing home take-out tonight and I'm looking forward to catching up with last week's episode of Mad Men. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Nicholas is a cutie!!! My little guy is a water baby too and I love it! Makes for really fun summers! And I hear ya on brunch - we went through that too with Jackson and there was a 4 month period or so there where brunch was just the perfect meal / time of day. And I didn't hate it because I LOVE me some brunch (with mimosas). Haha!!! It does get a tad bit easier when they're closer to 2 as far as going out to eat. 1 - 2 is just kind of tough sometimes with keeping them sitting for long at all!

    Thanks so much for joining the link-up! I've loved finding some new, great blogs! Hope you'll join us again next week!

    -Darci

    ReplyDelete