Friday, June 28, 2013

Five on Friday


What's up in my world?

1.) Our crepe myrtles are going nuts. They started blooming a couple weeks ago and reached their peak this week. I still feel like most of the vegetation in Texas is foreign to me and miss a lot of the plants I associate with the Northwest, but I am loving these vibrant pops of color in our yard and throughout the neighborhood.


2.) It's going to be 106 today. And tomorrow. Hey, there summer! Can't say I've missed you. But, the weather gods are throwing us a bone next week... highs in the low to mid-90s through 4th of July weekend. Should be perfect weather to come out of A/C hibernation and enjoy the pool.

3.) Nicholas' daycare does a "Parents Night Out" about once a quarter or so. It's a nice little perk. They have pizza and a movie for the older kids, and the little kids usually just play for a bit and then hit the sack on their nap time cots. It's scheduled for tonight, so we'll dropping the little guy off around 7pm, and then Jason and I are headed out to a grown-up dinner downtown. We're thinking of trying out Seersucker.

4.) I've been taking Barre3 classes off and on for the past few months and I love them. (Barre3 is another iteration of Pure Barre / Barre Method / etc.) I feel like Barre3 classes really do help sculpt my core and tone my arms and legs. I'd love to do it regularly, but the cost is a little outrageous. Happily, one of the locations near me is offering a full day of free classes tomorrow in celebration of the 4th of July, so I've already made my reservation for an 11am class. Looking forward to it!


5.) We've gotten hooked on House of Cards on Netflix. Kevin Spacey is such a great actor. It's amazing how all the TV shows end for summer and somehow I manage watching more TV on Netflix or Amazon Prime than during the rest of the year. I'd feel a little guilty if it wasn't so ridiculously hot outside. #sorryimnotsorry


What's new with you?

3 comments:

  1. 106 degree temps should be illegal!! It's crazy hot!

    And I'm totally googling "Barre classes" right this second. I've heard so many great things, but haven't seen any in our little suburb of Houston (there has to be some!).

    Hope you guys have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Parents Night Out is awesome ... have fun on your date!

    Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, we LOVED house of cards! and i love watching a whole season all at once :) let's get lunch or something soon! or you can bring the fam to come swim at our house (we are SW austin) to beat the heat! xo

    ReplyDelete