Friday, June 14, 2013

Five on Friday



I'm linking up for Five on Friday again this week. In no particular order, here are a few things making me smile...

1.) Peonies: One of the things I miss most about the Northwest this time of year (aside from the beautiful, non-appallingly hot weather) are all of the gorgeous blooms-- and in particular, hydrangeas and peonies. They just don't grow in Texas. But, this week HEB had a special on bouquets of peonies-- $6.99 for 5 stems, which is a fantastic deal for this usually spendy flower. I've already enjoyed one gorgeous bouquet this week and may need to pick up another one this weekend!


2.) Free gift time: I dropped by the mall earlier this week to pick up some eye cream and my Nordstrom was having Clinique free gift week. I had no idea, but it was a nice little surprise. I love a good free sample just for the fun of it, but this particular gift set had some great products including an eye shadow color I really like and a great, long-wearing eye-liner. Sometimes it's just the little things...

3.) Date Night: Jason and I haven't been out together in alone in several months, so we lined up a sitter for tomorrow night. We're going to hit up Hill Country Galleria for dinner at All Star Burger, followed by a showing of Mud. It should be a nice, low-key night.


4.) This guy: Eating nectarines and broccoli for dinner. My picky eater is branching out! He looks a little thug-ish in this picture, but rest assured, he couldn't shovel the "neh-neh" in his mouth fast enough. Bring on the summer fruit!


5.) Predictable nap times: Our once poor napper now regularly sleeps from 12:30 or 1pm until around 3pm everyday. This means we actually get a chance to catch up on chores around the house during the weekend, or-- as I already plan to tomorrow-- take a nap ourselves. I love spending time with my little guy, but mama needs a little break on the weekend too! 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs, it always put a smile on my face. Enjoy your date night and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete