Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend Fun

We had a nice little weekend 'round these parts. Saturday was a scorcher (high of about 108), so we took Nicholas out into the yard bright and early for a little outdoor time before it got too hot. Jason was doing some watering and of course Nicholas had to help, so we just let him strip down and play in the hose water.


He was a fan.


Later in the morning, I hit up the free Barre3 class I mentioned on Friday (still sore this morning...), while Jason and Nicholas strolled around the 4th of July festival at Hill Country Galleria. After my class, we checked out the petting zoo, and of course I took no pictures. Nicholas was very curious about all the animals, but a little nervous when they got too close. However, we didn't stay too long because it was already well above 100 degrees. On the way home, we stopped at Chick-fil-a for lunch (which I'm sure is exactly what Barre3 recommends to help maximize your fitness routine.) Afterward, we came home for afternoon naps and then grilled burgers for dinner.

Sunday, I woke up to this:


After a difficult week, Jason surprised me with flowers and a breakfast of creme brulee french toast, topped with powdered sugar and blueberries, and bacon. Yum. Afterward, we made a quick trip to Home Depot for some new flowers and herbs to spruce up our patio, along with a real sprinkler for Nicholas to run through. 

Fortunately, it was a lot cooler (mid-90s) on Sunday afternoon, so I potted my plants while Nicholas ran around in the sprinkler (this time properly attired in a swimsuit.)

Two of my new pots - German thyme and pink vinka.

We wound down on Sunday evening with a dinner of grilled Copper River salmon, asparagus, and roasted potatoes. I can't say I was totally ready for Monday, but the upcoming holiday definitely makes it easier to face the week!

1 comment:

  1. that french toast looks delightful! Where did you find the recipe for that? What a sweet hubby to make you breakfast!

    ReplyDelete