Friday, July 19, 2013

Five on Friday

I'm linking up again with Darci, Natasha, April, and Christina to share what's been going on in our world this week.

First up?

1.) Five on Friday: I love opening my Feedly (yes, I'm proudly team Feedly-- I just think the interface is a lot cleaner than BlogLovin') and seeing all of these Five on Friday posts from some of my favorite bloggers. So many good ideas and interesting nuggets of information. Friday is quickly becoming my favorite blog reading day.

2.) Yard Stuff: We bought a lawn mower and edger this week. Yes, we've lived in this house for almost 9 months and are just getting around to purchasing our first yard care tools. To date, we've relied on a lawn service to come sporadically-- as in, once in a while Jason runs outside and flags them down while when they're doing the neighbor's yard and asks them to come mow our lawn while they're at it. Effective, yes. Organized and cost-efficient? Not so much. Realistically, Jason will probably be the one handling most of the yard care, but I'm strangely excited about this purchase.

3.) Selfies on the iPhone: Nicholas is obsessed with my phone. He loves to grab it, put it up to his ear, and say "ullo!" Last night I discovered that taking a series of selfies is a surefire way to burn 15 minutes and turn a hungry, screaming kiddo into a happy one while dinner is cooking. Witness exhibits A and B below.



4.) Nordstrom Anniversary Sale: It begins today. Said my husband this morning: "If a bag of money just fell out of the sky today, I would go to the mall." Well put. That's probably not going to happen, but we may need to take a trip to the mall this weekend to check out the goods anyway. It's a little hard to think about fall clothing when it's 100 degrees out, but with a late August birthday coming up, it's always good to have a few pretty fall items in mind.

5.) Rodeo Day: It's Rodeo Day at Nicholas' school today, complete with a petting zoo and bounce house. I wasn't able to get him to hold still long enough for a good photo this morning, but how cute is his little sheriff shirt? The bandanna and western star belt buckle kill me. He looks like he's going to go rustle up some trouble at the OK Corral.


Happy weekend friends!

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading #1!! I won't lie - I've been absolutely blown away by what a hit this little link-up has been!! But even more importantly, I LOVE that it's such a great group of women.... as in everyone seems so genuine and sweet. Fridays are definitely my favorite blogging day as of late!!

    As for those selfies.... goodness gracious, y'all are cute!! And check out that little rodeo cowboy! Love it! :))

    Happy weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete