Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weekend update x 2

Hi friends (all 4 of you that read this!)-- Sorry for the absence as of late. It's been a busy, but fun, past week and a half. As I mentioned in my last post, I spent the weekend before last in LA visiting my friend Laurie and meeting her baby daughter. Our friend Kristin flew down from San Francisco to join us, so it was a bona fide ladies' weekend. We kept it low key, but enjoyed perusing the Santa Monica farmer's market and then cooking an Italian feast with our purchases, as well as a bike ride and lunch along the beach, a hike in the canyons behind Laurie's house, and some lunch and window shopping in Brentwood. Spending time with Laurie and Kristin was fantastic, and the 85 degree weather was also a highlight-- a heavenly escape from Austin for a few days!

Here I am with the baby... I love her gorgeous, big blue eyes! And, below, is a pic of Laurie and me in front of the pier on Manhattan Beach. Ah, I miss the Pacific out here in landlocked Texas!



When I got back from LA, I went into job search overdrive and my efforts paid off. I've started serving at an upscale restaurant with a really great wine list (read: good tips), and I've had a few interviews for some marketing positions as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that a marketing job pans out, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying getting out of the house a few times a week to mingle and interact with people at the restaurant.

This past weekend was our first "normal" Austin weekend-- by normal, I mean spend some time at home, go out with friends, do some cleaning and errands... you know, the usual. We spent most of Saturday out looking at desks so we can officially transform our extra bedroom into an office for J (and get all his print outs, binders, and junk off the kitchen table!) That evening, we attended a big Indian dinner at Austin's best Indian restaurant (or so I'm told), the Clay Pit. A bunch of his classmates and significant others attended, so it was grea to get out and meet more people. And the food was delish. Indian is one of my favorites. Sunday was spent doing laundry, cleaning the apartment, and running more errands. And I have to say, I enjoyed it! It's nice to finally be getting into a routine here. Now that we're getting more and more settled, I should be posting more frequently.

2 comments: