Thursday, January 19, 2012

5 Signs it's Time For This Baby to Arrive

5.) Freezer: stocked. Multiple servings of tomato soup, leek chickpea soup, and chicken pot pie stew; chili (both turkey and beef); stock; three different types of casseroles (lasagna x2, chicken florentine, and chicken tamale); garlic bread; three loaves of pumpkin bread; frozen burritos and a few other Amy's entrees; and a container of frozen yogurt for good measure. I think we're covered.

4.) I cannot sit on a chair to put my shoes on because the belly doesn't allow me to lean over far enough. So instead I have to sit on the floor to put on shoes or socks. Except then I require assistance to get back up.

3.) I have been wearing the same pair of my husband's grey sweatpants for the past three days. They are just the only thing that is roomy enough and comfortable enough to make it through the day. I actually went with him to Nordstrom dressed like this. Not OK. Except that I just can't muster the energy to care.

2.) My husband has called me from work to see if I've passed my mucous plug. TMI? Most definitely. But this from a guy who used to be squeamish about just attending my doctor's appointments with me. Now he throws around terms like "mucous plug" and "perineal massage" like he's discussing the NFL playoffs with his buddies.

1.) Last week I managed to rip two different pairs of pants in one day. People tell me I'm all belly (thank you, I'll take the compliment), but the pair of pajama pants-- that ripped wide open in the butt when I sat down on the couch-- and the pair of GAP maternity jeans-- that ripped open across the top of my thigh when I put them on out of the dryer-- beg to differ.

It's time. It is definitely time.

1 comment:

  1. LOL - yep you are definitely ready! Can't wait to hear the good news and see pics of your little guy. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete