Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weeks 37 and 38

January 13, 2011

Best Moment: The theme of the past two weeks has just been the waiting game. We've been patiently wrapping up projects around the house and at work, while trying to squeeze in some fun while we can. We've had two different couples over for dinner, went out to see Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, polished off almost three seasons of Breaking Bad on Netflix, and had one final nice dinner out at Foreign & Domestic. On a totally unrelated note, at my 37 week doctor's appointment, I got the good news that I am already 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I realize I could just hang out like this for another few weeks, but my doctor also said he wouldn't be surprised if the baby makes his appearance sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed!

Symptoms: Sleep has become a serious challenge. Most nights I am up 3-4 times, and it often takes me 45 minutes to an hour to get back to sleep. Not fun. But I guess this is just nature's way of preparing me for what's to come. Overall, I'm just really tired... I'm sure my poor sleep contributes to it, but I definitely notice my energy flagging during the day. I just can't seem to get more than a few little things done each day. Fortunately, I'm close to wrapping up work.

Cravings/Aversions: Not too much new to report here. My weight gain has really tapered off. I snack pretty frequently, but can't eat too much at one sitting. (Although I did manage to polish off half of a roasted carrot appetizer, most of my Wagyu beef entree, and an entire cranberry chocolate bread pudding dessert at Foreign & Domestic. Totally worth it.)

What I Miss: Comfortable sleep.

What I Can't Wait For: I am just ready to meet this little guy!

Milestones: As of week 37, baby boy is officially considered full term. As of 38 weeks, he is approximately 19.5 inches long-- the size of a leek-- and pushing 7 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment