Friday, February 7, 2014

Five on Friday

It's been a while, but I'm happy to join the girls again for Five on Friday. Here's what's going on with us:

1.) Snow Days. I know the rest of the country has had it a lot worse than Texas, but we've been getting polar vortexed too. Today is the second full snow day we've had in the past couple weeks (as in schools and daycares closed all day), and we've also had two or three mornings with late openings. (Our daycare follows whatever the local school district decides.) Today there is literally not a drop of precipitation on the ground. The schools got lambasted last week for making a late decision to delay the start of school on a legitimately icy morning, so apparently they were playing it extra safe today. Don't get me wrong-- I love a snow day as much as the next person. It just makes it a lot easier to justify to your boss why you need to stay home from work with your kiddo when there's actually snow on the ground.

Actual snow a few weeks ago... maybe 1/8", mostly on the pavement.

2.) Gotta Love Texas Weather. Continuing with the weather theme... I took the screen shot below on my phone last night. It was 28 degrees. Right now it's about 31. But no worries. Tomorrow it's going to be 70. So strange! I've lived here for almost five years and am still not used to how volatile the weather can be this time of year. But, hey, I'll take it. This Texas transplant has gotten used to the sun and I would love a break from my polar fleece and bulky sweaters.


3.) Nursery Inspiration. I've been browsing the internet and some of my favorite stores for baby girl's nursery bedding. I didn't have anything in particular in mind, but knew I didn't want to go overboard with pink, pink, and more pink. I few weeks ago, I popped into Pottery Barn Kids on a whim, and I found the perfect inspiration piece. I bought this Brooklyn pillow sham and will use it as an accent piece in the glider, and then I'm thinking pale, pale pink walls, with aqua accents throughout the room. More to come!


 4.) Date Night Tomorrow! Last month my company debuted a new ad that runs in movie theaters prior to the start of the movie, and my boss has offered us to expense a movie ticket if we go see the ad. Done and done. Jason and I are heading out tomorrow evening to see The Wolf of Wall Street. We haven't seen a movie in the theater for a couple months, so I'm looking forward to it. Whether this preggo can stay awake for a 3 hour movie that starts at 8:45pm is another matter...

5.) Queso. Because a "snow" day calls for a yummy lunch! Nicholas and I made a run to Torchy's for brisket tacos, fresh guac, and the best queso in Austin. Bring on the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. your little family is just the cutest! how far along are you? i have a little girl who is 15 months old. please tell me it gets easier or i'll never have another one! :) showing some linkup love…new reader! yay!

    karli - http://farmerbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from the link up :) Enjoy your date night!! Your date has a great name {my hubby's name is Jason too ;)} That lunch sounds like perfection!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete